The importance of perimeter profiles
When building or renovating a terraces or a balcony, it is very important to study technical expedients to make the structure sturdier. Indeed, rainwater is a dangerous problem for these spaces and, with time, can cause significant structural damages.
To guarantee a correct outflow of rainwater and avoid the contact with the outside border, there is the need to use drip edging profiles for balconies and terraces.
There are many models of drip profiles for balconies and terraces. Therefore, choosing a high-quality product is fundamental to avoid deterioration phenomena of the structure.
The perimeter profiles edge the balcony and protect its perimeter. There are different kinds of drip edging profiles, designed to meet the diverse needs and situations. The traditional L-shaped drip elements in stone or ceramic are not able to push water away satisfactorily due to their insufficient protrusion. Today, thanks to the metal perimeter profiles, there is the possibility to guarantee better protection, in addition to more resistance and duration.
Drip edging profiles for balconies: Profilpas solutions
Profilpas produces drip edging profiles for balconies in aluminium or stainless steel, two very durable materials. The different available finishes comply with any kind of space, combining with the most modern flooring perfectly. All the models are provided with corner and junction accessories so that the installation is quick and satisfying.
Cerfix® Protec line
Cerfix® Protec line has been specifically designed to protect balconies and terraces adequately. This is a functional line which can decorate any structure.
Cerfix® Protec proposes many different solutions:
- Protec CPCV and CPCI: a series of perimeter profiles for the protection and finishing of the outside borders of terraces and balconies. Available in colour-coated aluminium and stainless steel, they have a special protruding section and can be used with tile thicknesses up to 21 mm. In addition to protect and finish the outside borders, these profiles push water away from the flooring correctly, thus avoiding the contact with the outside border.
- Protec CPCV/30: it is the perfect solution for older terraces. The reduced protruding section allows to avoid the removal of the perimeter balustrades in case of refurbishment.
- Protec CPHA-CPHV: it is a perimeter profile in anodised or colour-coated aluminium for terraces, balconies and pavements. The specific section guarantees the outflow of rainwater, thus avoiding the direct contact with the outside edge. It can be used with tile thicknesses from 8 to 21 mm.
- Protec CPGV: a series of draining perimeter profiles for the protection and finishing of the outside borders of terraces and balconies. It has a visible vertical part which covers the tiles’ border and allows the outflow of rainwater from the tiled surface. In the protruding part, there are holes which allows the further outflow of rainwater seeped under the tiles. This solution reduces the problems connected to freezing and thawing, as well as the unsightly efflorescence that appear on the cement joints. It can be used with tile thicknesses up to 12,5 mm.
- Protec CPEV and CPEI: drip edging reversible profiles for the protection of the outside borders of terraces and balconies. Available in colour-coated aluminium or stainless steel, they can be installed close to the border or detached from it. They can be used with tile thicknesses from 11 to 32 mm.
Always searching for new solutions to satisfy the requests of the customers, Profilpas has increased Cerfix® Protec line with two new interesting products: Protec Flex CPCVF and CPNVF.
Both drip edging profiles have been studied for guaranteeing a complete protection of curved balconies and terraces. In particular, Protec Flex CPCVF, continuation of CPCV series, is provided with a special cutout that allows to bend the profile with a radius up to 1 meter.
The second one, continuation of CPNV series, is characterized by a special cutout which allows to bend the profile with a radius up to 40 cm.